eating a hamburger while waiting for one of my friends. I then tutored
him on fiscal and monetary policy and ate take out Chinese while he
took an exam. We were going to run some errands together in the
afternoon, but from his 18th story office I caught a view of a few
soccer games going on at the park. I politely excused myself from the
errands and played pickup from 3:30 until 6. After soccer, I limped
over to the opticians to pick up a pair of glasses for Marc and then
met up with him and one of our Arkansas friends for pizza and
discussion about environmental work in the region and future options.
We ended the night watching "Breach" and scheduled to start work
building the camera mounts and bear boxes on Monday morning.
We've been graced with another warm spell- so it's back to perfect
autumn weather in the city. When Marc got to town he said it felt like
the tropics as he'd just been on the plateau beyond Qumahe where they
were using the frozen rivers as highways.