The (un-related) photo is from a trip to Yushu in summer 2004, taken with my old Pentax K1000 (film). I had a picture of one of the dust storms, but just hold up an onion skin in front of the last photo posted and you'll get the idea of what it looked like. Actually, a quarter teaspoon of sand in the mouth would really give you a feel for the storms....
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Dumplings, sand storms, and project ramp-up
It's been two weeks of meetings, project planning, avoiding dust storms in the afternoons, and eating noodles and dumplings. I noticed that the cranes turn their massive booms out of the wind in the late afternoon when things really start flying, and some days I lose sight of the buildings two blocks away. The best part of the week has been taking my little girl out to breakfast. She watches the world with silent and intent interest, including her father slurping down black rice porridge and steamed buns. One day we also visited the flower market, where she fell asleep in my arms just as I was buying a bundle of fresh flowers for her mother.
The (un-related) photo is from a trip to Yushu in summer 2004, taken with my old Pentax K1000 (film). I had a picture of one of the dust storms, but just hold up an onion skin in front of the last photo posted and you'll get the idea of what it looked like. Actually, a quarter teaspoon of sand in the mouth would really give you a feel for the storms....
The (un-related) photo is from a trip to Yushu in summer 2004, taken with my old Pentax K1000 (film). I had a picture of one of the dust storms, but just hold up an onion skin in front of the last photo posted and you'll get the idea of what it looked like. Actually, a quarter teaspoon of sand in the mouth would really give you a feel for the storms....